At Risk Mentoring is a 501c3 organization. Our focus is to create a positive impact within the inner-city communities of the city of Aurora, through encouraging/facilitating community connections by providing programs for youth and families.
To turn ordinary everyday settings into a virtual classroom that will allow people of all ages to become life-long learners and contributing members of our community.
To bring access and availability of technology to communities, and progressive problem solving to children who have been labeled as “At – Risk” by their school or social service agency because of their economic reality or geographical area.
• Not every home has a computer and internet service
• Access to computers and internet is limited or unavailable in some communities/neighborhoods
• Schools are increasing online homework submission requirements
• Colleges and jobs require online applications
• People need assistance writing resumes
• Mobile computer lab
• We can go where the need is
• We will provide a variety of programs, to include but not limited to: o Mavis Beacon (keyboarding)
o Khan Academy (personalized learning resource for all ages)
o Resume writing
o How to use Microsoft Office software
• We can partner with other organizations
DESCRIPTION OF MOBILE COMPUTER LAB
• 12 laptops
• All-in-one Printer/scanner/copier
• Portable tables and chairs
• Internet access
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Netop Vision classroom management software system
This is a content preview space you can use to get your audience interested in what you have to say so they can’t wait to learn and read more. Pull out the most interesting detail that appears on the page and write it here.