At Risk Mentoring is a 501c3 organization. Our focus is to create a positive impact within the inner-city communities of the city of Aurora, through encouraging/facilitating community connections by providing programs for youth and families.
MISSION Use basketball as an incentive for students who need to improve their grades and/or behavior.
PURPOSE Many students are not achieving at their current grade level. We are looking to use the incentive of playing basketball to help motivate students to focus on their educational progress and demonstrate positive behavior.
• Students have been passed to the next grade before they were ready, and are not performing at their current grade level.
• Students don’t always have support to know how to improve.
• Often students who desire to play basketball do not meet the academic qualifications to participate in school team sports.
• To bridge the gap between families and schools using Infinite Campus to monitor the students’ course work and evaluate behavior on a consistent basis.
• To mentor students to academic and behavioral improvement.
• To partner with local organizations to provide space and transportation to play basketball.
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our program.