At Risk Mentoring is a 501c3 organization. Our focus is to create a positive impact within the inner-city communities of the city of Aurora, through encouraging/facilitating community connections by providing programs for youth and families.
To turn ordinary everyday settings into a virtual classroom that will allow people of all ages to become life-long learners and contributing members of our community.
To bring access and availability of technology to communities, and progressive problem solving to children who have been labeled as “At – Risk” by their school or social service agency because of their economic reality or geographical area.
• Not every home has a computer and internet service
• Access to computers and internet is limited or unavailable in some communities/neighborhoods
• Schools are increasing online homework submission requirements
• Colleges and jobs require online applications
• People need assistance writing resumes
• Mobile computer lab
• We can go where the need is
• We will provide a variety of programs, to include but not limited to: o Mavis Beacon (keyboarding)
• Khan Academy (personalized learning resource for all ages)
• Resume writing
• How to use Microsoft Office software
• We can partner with other organizations
DESCRIPTION OF MOBILE COMPUTER LAB
• 10 laptops
• All-in-one Printer/scanner/copier
• Portable tables and chairs
• Internet access
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Netop Vision classroom management software system
Copyright © 2018 At Risk Mentoring - All Rights Reserved.