At Risk Mentoring is a 501c3 organization. Our focus is to create a positive impact within the inner-city communities of the city of Aurora, through encouraging/facilitating community connections by providing programs for youth and families.
To turn ordinary everyday settings into a virtual classroom that will allow people of all ages to become life-long learners and contributing members of our community.
To bring access and availability of technology to communities, and progressive problem solving to children who have been labeled as “At – Risk” by their school or social service agency because of their economic reality or geographical area.
• Not every home has a computer and internet service
• Access to computers and internet is limited or unavailable in some communities/neighborhoods
• Schools are increasing online homework submission requirements
• Colleges and jobs require online applications
• People need assistance writing resumes
• Mobile computer lab
• We can go where the need is
• We will provide a variety of programs, to include but not limited to: o Mavis Beacon (keyboarding)
• Khan Academy (personalized learning resource for all ages)
• Resume writing
• How to use Microsoft Office software
• We can partner with other organizations
DESCRIPTION OF MOBILE COMPUTER LAB
• 12 laptops
• All-in-one Printer/scanner/copier
• Portable tables and chairs
• Internet access
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Netop Vision classroom management software system
We are looking for generous donors to
partner with us in raising the $39,500
needed to purchase and renovate the
Mobile Tech Center.
Phase I was to purchase equipment for a mobile computer lab that would allow us to take technology into the different communities of Aurora that we serve, that do not currently have it at their disposal. With this lab we would be able to help students and families during the school year as well as offer Khan Academy, resume writing, job application assistance; the possibilities are endless because it would be mobile. WE HAVE COMPLETED PHASE 1!!!
NOW WE BEGIN
Phase II of this endeavor is to purchase a bus for transportation and utilization of services, and transform it into a Mobile Tech Center, “tech-mobile” housing the mobile computer lab. We will be able expand the locations of our services because instead of needing a building to set up the computer lab for use, we will be able to drive into communities we serve and run technology programs on the bus itself.
We are looking for generous donors to partner with us in raising the $29,500 needed to purchase and renovate the Mobile Tech Center.